Thursday, April 18, 2013

One Seed and Earth Day

Dear Readers,
When I was in the library the other day a woman came up to me and let me know that for Earth Day she is sending a link to everyone to the YouTube video "One Seed". That warms my heart.

Like many people I have days when I wonder if what I am doing is making a difference in this world - then I receive an e-mail from a teacher, a parent, a student - sometimes sending along a work of art to be posted on the One Seed Kids Art Gallery, or just to let me know that their school will be presenting the story.

And this week I received a comment on YouTube from a youngster in Ireland who stated that his class sang the song at school while planting sunflowers.

I have noticed there are now over 145,000 viewings of One Seed around the world (in the last month mostly from direct access and mobile apps), the top countries being the US, United Kingdom, India, Australia, Canada, Spain, United Arab Emirates, Singapore, Malaysia, South Korea, Philippines, Saudi Arabia, Hong Kong, European countries and many others. I realize that many only view the first minute, so about half of the above (75,000) view the whole story and song. Oh, and by the way, the song alone has over 15,000 viewings. I do know that teachers and parents have downloaded the video onto their computers so I really don't know how many times it is now viewed.

As Earth Day arrives I send out my prayers for this dear planet, our home, and all life upon it. I will be working in the garden here in Christina Lake, preparing it for growing food for next winter. I give my thanks to this planet for all it has and continues to endure, and for all it gives us to live.

I send to everyone and particularly to Mother Earth - warmest wishes for a happy Earth Day!
Rosemary
www.oneseedstory.com

 

No comments: