Monday, February 18, 2013

Spring is on its way

Ah, this morning Robin sat in the tree opposite my office window. It is the first time I have seen her this year as she made herself comfortable on a branch that faces me directly. It was as if she was letting me know she is back, that spring is just around the corner. She sat for quite a while, just staring at me through the window as I sit here at the computer getting ready for my week's work.
What a joyous moment!
Meanwhile the apple tree is half pruned. One Step at a Time - is what I have been told. So gradually I shall make my way from the apple tree, to the lilac (which I didn't get to last year), to the rose bushes. There's still snow on the ground and it is gradually melting.
Thank you Robin on this sort-of gray day, for a reminder that the garden will soon be waking up. And there will be new life!
 

No comments: