Monday, November 11, 2013

Prayers for the Philippines

How fortunate I feel to be living here in beautiful Christina Lake, in high country, where temperatures are moderate, even at the hottest and coldest of times, where winds are gentle, and water is abundant.
How fortunate I feel to be safe, to have a roof over my head, food in my cupboards, water from my tap.
How fortunate I feel to live in a country where I have freedom of expression, freedom to walk the streets, freedom to be myself, freedom to be an artist.
How fortunate I feel to have friends and family, a community that is friendly, a neighbourhood where we watch out for each other.

I give my thanks to all those throughout history who have made this possible.
I give my prayers for all those who do not have such freedoms, don't have food, a roof over their heads, or running water.
I give my healing thoughts for all those thousands of people, pets and animals that have died this weekend in the storms in the Philippines, and prayers for their families and friends in their grief.
I give my gratitude to all those who are of service, providing rescue, food and water and necessities to the many survivors.

Lest we forget.
Rosemary


 

No comments: